Report includes insights from over 4 billion diabetes data points about global glycemic trends, insulin usage, and blood glucose testing habits
Mountain View, California and Gothenburg, Sweden – November 14, 2016 – Glooko, the leader in diabetesremote patient monitoring, today released its annual, comprehensive diabetes data report based on over 4.3 billion deidentified diabetes data points. The data in the report includes insights derived from the combined datasets of Glooko, Inc. and Diasend. The two companiesmerged in September to combine resources and expertise in order to deliver a global solution for diabetes management for both people with diabetes (PWDs) and their care teams.
The Report is designed to provide key insights about global glycemic patterns, insulin usage, and blood glucose testing habits. “Glooko’s visibility to a broad set of people with diabetes gives us the unique ability to provide compelling benchmark data about the glycemic patterns of people with diabetes, including which days people, on average, tend to experience hyper and hypoglycemia,” said Rick Altinger, CEO of Glooko.
Some of the insights in the Report include:
- People in Canada check blood glucose the most, while people in Belgium check blood glucose the least amongst countries included in the report
- June 1st is the best day of the year in terms of glycemic control, while January 1st is the worst
- People in Canada trend towards the highest Average BG among those in the report, while people in Belgium trend towards the lowest Average BG
- People in Australia experience the evening with the most continuous sleep as measured by the least blood glucose checks that evening, Canada and the Netherlands come in 2nd and 3rd respectively
- Over the course of the last year, over 7431 liters of insulin were administered to our user base – that’s the equivalent to 92 bathtubs!
For more information & insights, download the report today.
About Glooko + Diasend
Glooko is the leading remote patient monitoring platform for diabetes and is trusted by the world’s leaders in diabetes care. Glooko provides an FDA-cleared, HIPAA-compliant Web and Mobile application designed to improve health outcomes for people with diabetes, which in turn reduces costs for payers and the healthcare system. Glooko seamlessly syncs with over 50 diabetes devices and major fitness and activity trackers and supplies timely, verified patient data such as blood glucose, carbs, insulin, blood pressure, diet and weight data. Glooko’s mobile app enables patients to easily track and proactively manage all aspects of their diabetes care. Glooko’s population management web app and APIs offer diabetes-centric analytics and supplies insightful reports, graphs and risk flags to health systems and payers. Learn more at www.glooko.com and follow us at Twitter.com/GlookoInc and Facebook.com/Glooko.
©2016 Glooko, Inc. Glooko is a trademark of Glooko, Inc. Other brand names may be trademarks of their respective owner(s). Information is subject to change without notice. All rights reserved.