If you’re planning to attend the Association of Diabetes Care & Education Specialists’ ADCES23 in Houston, Team Glooko wants to meet you at booth #1101 to share the latest updates to our digital health technologies.
Some of the exciting activities that you can expect from us at the meeting:
- Product Demos: We’ll provide live demos of the recently redesigned Glooko® Mobile App, available now in the App Store and Google Play Store. The sleek, new design improves onboarding for patients with diabetes and makes it even easier for them to input, view and understand their health data.
- Ask An Expert: Our booth will host experienced clinicians who will share how their clinics and patients are benefitting from Glooko’s connected care platforms and achieving better health outcomes. Experts at these informal sessions include:
- Gary Scheiner, MS, CDCES, Integrated Diabetes Services (Friday: 9 to 10 a.m.; Saturday: 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.) He will cover data analysis and interpretation for a variety of devices, including CGMs, insulin pumps and AID systems. Gary will walk through the various Glooko reports he relies on for different patients and the insights they provide.
- Susan Weiner, RDN, CDCES, Susan Weiner Nutrition (Friday: 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; Saturday: 9 to 10 a.m.) She will review how best to support patients in their self-care by leveraging and incorporating Glooko into their daily lives. She’ll also review various functionalities within the Glooko Mobile App and what she likes most about them from a patient engagement and user experience standpoint.
- Allison Nimlos, LMFT, CDCES, Greater Than Counseling & Coaching (Saturday: 2:30 to 3:30 p.m.) She will focus on the psychosocial aspects of diabetes care management, including how data can be both empowering and anxiety inducing. Allison will discuss how she onboards newly diagnosed patients by leveraging the app’s different data visualization tools to best support the patient’s mental well-being and desired behavioral changes.
- Bridget Wood, RD, LD, CDCES, Glooko (Friday: 10 to 11:30 a.m.; Sunday: 9 to 11 a.m.) She will discuss how she uses Glooko as a person living with Type I diabetes. Bridget will also share how to enhance a virtual diabetes coaching practice using the health data in the Glooko Mobile App from both the provider and patient experiences.
- Food Tracker: People with diabetes can use the innovative food tracker feature of the Glooko® Mobile App to easily log their food intake, view their food data alongside data from compatible diabetes and health monitoring devices, medications and insulin, and keep a historical account of how food affects their chronic condition.
Be sure to also check out our blog series from Glooko’s very own experts.
- With maintaining a healthy meal plan to keep blood glucose levels in target range being important, take some time to explore healthy eating and living tips designed for people with diabetes from Bridget Wood, RD, LD, CDCES.
- Curious about the many benefits of physical activity for people with diabetes and how to get started with an exercise program? Explore ‘Move More’ from Sanaz Nosrat, PhD, CSCS, ACE PT.
See you in Houston!